NAF extends our deepest sympathies to all who have been affected by Katrina and the devastation wrought on the Gulf Coast region. While there are seemingly endless hurdles and obstacles Katrina's victims will have to deal with in the coming weeks and months, we at NAF would like to make certain that those who need access to reproductive health care services are able to obtain the care they need.
Hurricane Katrina victims can call the NAF toll-free Hotline to speak with professional Hotline operators who can help with options counseling and with referrals to providers of quality reproductive health care services. On a limited basis, Hotline staff also may be able to help raise the funds necessary to help cover the cost of quality abortion care. Please call 1-800-772-9100 to reach a Hotline operator, weekdays from 8:00am - 9:00pm and on Saturdays from 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Many NAF member clinics throughout the country are offering free services or significantly reduced fees for services for women from the disaster regions. Among them:
- Little Rock Family Planning Services in Arkansas currently is offering free abortion services, free contraception, and free services at their women's health clinic (open on Tuesdays only) for all women from Mississippi (Jackson, Harrison, and Hancock counties only) and Louisiana (St. Tammany, St. Bernard, Jefferson, Charles, Terrebonne, and St. James Parishes only). Please visit www.lrfps.com for more information.
- Whole Woman's Health in Texas is providing free emergency GYN care to Katrina evacuees, including condoms/contraception, infection diagnosis and treatment, abortion care, and emergency contraception. This emergency care is available at any of their four locations in Texas: Austin, Beaumont, McAllen, and San Marcos. Call 1(877) 407-0100 with questions or to locate the office nearest you. A New Orleans or Gulf Coast ID or other proof of residency is preferred if possible. Whole Woman's Health has established a local network of volunteers willing to assist with transportation to/from the office.
- The Allentown Women's Center in Pennsylvania is offering free emergency surgical and non-surgical abortion services to displaced Katrina victims in the Allentown/ Philadelphia/Eastern Pennsylvania region. The clinic also on a case-by-case basis may offer free or significantly reduced fees for routine gynecological services. Please call 877-DIAL-AWC.
- Atlanta Women's Medical Center, Atlanta, GA is offering free abortion and gyn care to Katrina evacuees on a case-by-case basis - contact Golda 800-877-6332.
Procedures through 24 weeks, pregnancy testing, and emergency contraception
For more information, go to: www.atlantawomensmedicalcenter.com
- Cherry Hill Women's Center, Cherry Hill, NJ is offering free abortion and gyn care to Katrina evacuees on a case-by-case basis - contact: Valerie, Susan, Elaina or Lauren 800-877-6331.
Procedures through 24 weeks, specialized fetal anomaly program, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, colposcopy and leep procedures, pap tests, and gonorrhea and chlamydia testing
For more information, go to: www.cherryhillwomenscenter.com
- Hartford GYN Center, Hartford, CT is offering free abortion and gyn care to Katrina evacuees on a case-by-case basis - contact: Jessica or Jamie 800-877-6335.
Procedures through 19 weeks, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, and routine annual gyn exams
For more information, go to: www.hartfordgyncenter.com
- Northeast Women's Center, Philadelphia, PA is offering free abortion and gyn care to Katrina evacuees on a case-by-case basis - contact: Sue 800-877-6336.
Procedures to 18 weeks, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, gonorrhea and chlamydia testing
For more information, go to: www.northeastwomenscenter.com
- Philadelphia Women's Center, Philadelphia, PA - contact: Ariel or Amanda 800-869-2330.
Procedures to 21 weeks, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, and gonorrhea and chlamydia testing
For more information, go to: www.philadelphiawomenscenter.com
NAF Hotline operators will have additional information on the services being offered at NAF member facilities.
Every day we hear from women who lack the resources to pay for the abortion care they need. With the recent disaster in the Gulf Coast region, the need for financial assistance is rising to unprecedented levels. Donations to our Patient Assistance Fund will allow us to provide the financial assistance desperately needed by women affected by Hurricane Katrina and other women in urgent need of assistance.
Please be as generous as you can. One hundred percent of the money donated to this fund goes directly to providing reproductive health care services to women.
|Donate online, designating the NAF Patient Assistance Fund, or call the NAF Development Office at 202-667-5881, ext. 233 (ask for Suzanne). You may also mail a donation.